-->

How we are blaspheming God with our daily language

Last Sunday I woke up under severe spiritual attack through physical oppression. It was very difficult for me to deal with because physical pain is a huge trigger for me. It takes me to a place of pain where I begin to see everything around me through a filter of pain. That is why when I have physical ailments I try to take them to the Lord Jesus Christ for discernment on what is happening to me. Nine times out of ten I need to renounce something I have done, allowed in or connected to, and the physical attack leaves me.

This attack was intense, but instead of allowing it to take me down a bad path I cried out to the Lord in earnest for help and healing. I tried repenting and renouncing for my usual things, such as witchcraft, astral travel, and being a portal for human spirits. None of it was helping relieve my symptoms and my desperation was great. Finally, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that it was my use of the phrases “oh my God”, “oh my Lord”, and “oh my Word” that was allowing this attack on me.

The Holy Spirit also revealed to me that those phrases, as well as other phrases such as “omg”, “oh my gosh” and “oh my goodness”, are grieving the Holy Spirit and allowing the enemy rights over me because I was blaspheming God. When we blaspheme God, the One and True Living God Yahweh, we are invoking the antichrist spirits of Baal, Baphomet and Beelzebub, cursing God’s name, and opening up portals inside of our bodies to human spirits and demonic entities.

I had no idea that saying some of these seemingly innocent phrases could possibly cause that much damage to myself and to God the Father. I could understand why “oh my God” was wrong, but “oh my Word”, “oh my gosh”, and “oh my goodness” are common Christianese phrases that are used daily by many people who love Jesus. However, Jesus Christ Himself is the Word of God, and “oh my Word, gosh, and goodness” are all euphemisms for the name of God.

We innocently think of these phrases as expressions of shock, but where did they originate from and how did they become so common? The phrase “oh my God” most likely came from prayers and supplications to God like this one that was sincere heartfelt cries to God. For the better part of the last two thousand years since Christ ascended back to heaven, it has been seen as a blasphemous act to use “God” in any other way. Yet somehow over the past few decades using God’s name in vain has become a popular form of expression of shock and frustration.

We need to also be aware of other common phrases we use in our everyday language that also seem innocent but are actually expletives. Phrases such as “for the love of God”, “Oh Jesus”, “oh golly”, “oh good Lord”, “for heaven’s sake”, “gee” or “jeez”, “for God’s sake”, and holy anything are all profanity that blasphemes God and grieves the Holy Spirit. The phrase “what the heck” is the same as “what the hell”, and “darn” is the same as “damn” and are also forms of profanity.

When I first became a Christian, six years ago, I was using Jesus Christ as a swear word. I fully repented of that when I gave my life to Christ, and the Holy Spirit did a massive work inside of me. I stopped cussing and using all foul language, and sought to please God with all of my heart and soul, including doing away with all terms that may offend God. However, as I worked through my inner healing and had to tap into the deepest levels of pain and anguish, I began to allow some of the hard work the Holy Spirit had done on me to fall away.

I am not ashamed of the negative changes that happened inside of me once I began inner healing. I had to dive into the most desperately sick and wicked parts of my soul in order to bring them healing. These fragmented alters began to override some of the basic behavior changes I had seen happen when I received the Holy Spirit, and I felt I no longer had control over my own life. This was exactly the point though, to understand and realize that while I believed I was fully in control, it was that level of denial that was actually bringing me more pain.

Once I began to tap into memories of abuse and betrayal I also had to deal with the fact that I believed Jesus Christ Himself was the sole cause and reason behind my abuse. I fell away from my daily Bible readings and even prayer. It was a difficult journey to get through even one day, and sometimes even one hour. But I have come down a long, arduous path that has brought me back to that place where I first began, and it was well worth the journey.

During this time I began to fall back into my old self, relying on cussing, and using “omg” and “oh my God” as daily phrases. I made excuses in my mind that because God’s name is not “God”, it was not wrong to say it. It didn’t help that I was surrounded by others who used God’s name in vain constantly, on television and in real life. It seemed so commonplace, that it only validated the excuses I made up to continue this sin.

Once I finally came back around to a place where pain was not my daily norm, I was able to receive the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and immediately renounced and repented, and surrendered all of my words and speech to the Lord Jesus Christ. Since then, I have almost completely stopped cussing and taking the Lord’s name in vain, and when I do, even if it is in my head, I immediately repent.

Jesus knows that my heart is for Him and that as I was trained from birth to become a soldier in the Antichrist End Times Army, that it would take time and a heart change for me to fully come back to Him with all of my heart and mind. He has waited patiently for me and treated me with the utmost loving compassion. I know there are many other Christians out there who are unaware, or who have made excuses to take the Lord’s name in vain, and this is your wake up call.

Jesus Christ came to this world to free us from our bondage to sin and the devil, but we must be willing to take that first step of humility towards Him. It takes a great deal of courage to admit you are sinning and blaspheming God, especially when you are a Christian. I believe most of us do not mean to intentionally blaspheme God with our words or behavior, but because we have been deceived by the spirits of sin, we ignore the truth.

Repentance and contrition are a normal part of the Christian walk, as we surrender our lives to Jesus. We must be daily reminded that we cannot do this life without Him, and begin to rejoice in our weakness as we allow the Holy Spirit to be our guide and mentor. Our Heavenly Father is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love for us, and because He is willing that none should perish, we can rest assured that our repentance will bring us back around to the righteousness we so desire.

Source

Image

No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think?