-->

True and Bizarre

True stories of the bizarre and unnatural:-

1. Father in law swears he was abducted on a camping trip in the Northern Appalachians with about 4 other people. They hiked up near a lake and set up a camp site, and set up camp. He says they all remember swimming, then eating dinner but no one remembers cleaning up camp or going into their tents. They woke up about 10 yards away from their original site, in the exact formation that they had set up the camp, but all of the little stuff was in the same spot and there was no fire in the middle of the original area but not in the new one. They pulled out a measuring tape my FIL had in his backpack from work and measured the distance between the stakes of the tent poles and it was the EXACT distance between all of the tent poles from where they originally were and the new area.

2. I am not sure what happened. But I've always joked that an alien abduction could explain it. I was a young kid, grade school age. It was a hot summer night and I was headed to bed. I remember sitting in bed and having this bad feeling. More than just a feeling. I knew something was coming. Coming to get me. Like a horrifying reoccurrence was about to happen again, that my body remembered but my mind did not. I knew it was close. Possibly I was within eyesight. I was terrified beyond my wits and had no idea of what. But it was going to get me no matter what I did. I hadn't sat down on my bed for more than a few seconds so it wasn't sleep paralysis. I turned around slowly to scan my room and it was the next morning. Just. Like. That. I was still dressed and everything, still in mid turn, except it was the next day. One second I was terrified at night and as I turned around it was the next morning. I felt well rested yet only a second (which I was awake for) had passed. I went downstairs and got on with my day. I told people what happened and they just acted like I told them there was grass in the yard. Like it was the most mundane thing ever. So I dropped it.

3. I was out in the woods on a summer day, running for a good hour or so, when suddenly... I didn't remember where I was or who I was. Only that I was free. I couldn't remember where I was going, the house I lived in, my siblings, my parents- nothing. But somehow that feeling was completely liberating. Like nothing in the world mattered. I actually started walking into the woods, because I figured I'd need to make a hut out of sticks to sleep in for the night, considering I was clearly travelling somewhere on foot and nowhere near home. After 5 minutes of collecting sticks, my memory started coming back- and I realized that my house was only 20 minutes away. When I got back to the house, the timer on my watch that I had started before the run said 4 hours. It should have only been at 2 max

4. I haven't actually thought about this in years, but your comment just reminded me about it. I was about 12 years old, and it was Friday. I was told to go to bed at the usual time, and I was a little irritated because it was dusk or twilight, so my window would have light coming through and I didn't like that since I already had enough trouble falling asleep. Anyway, I specifically remember staring at my window, which had that bluish glow the window gets during dusk, and then falling asleep. If anything is odd about this, it would be that I fell asleep so quickly, since I have always had trouble with this. But that night, it was like I just passed out in the middle of blinking or something. The next day, I woke up feeling really strange (now that I'm thinking about it, it was like I didn't dream about anything and had just snapped awake) and something about the house felt really off. It was Saturday, so my parents were out getting coffee or something, which explained why it was quiet, but it was still too quiet to be normal. So I looked around and found that nobody was home. Everything was quiet and really still, but I just shrugged it off and began to make myself a bowl of cereal. That's when I notice all of these small things. First, the windows were blue, just like last night. Second, there was no noise. We live near the woods so birds are always chirping like crazy, especially in the morning, but there was none of that. The air conditioning wasn't on. There was no wind or anything to make the house creak. It was just still and silent. I immediately started questioning myself, wondering if I had even fallen asleep at all. But there was a clock on the oven and it read 10:00 am, so that couldn't have happened. Then, completely out of nowhere, my dad walks into the room asking where I had been, claiming to have been really worried. He noticed I was making cereal and asked why, and I explained that I was making breakfast. Then he sent me a weird look and told me that it was almost 10:00 pm and that I had slept through the entire day. The clock on the oven was broken. Apparently, it stopped working at 10:00 am that morning, and it was dusk once again. Somehow, I fell asleep without any trouble and slept the entire day. And the oddest thing was that my dad told me he'd been worried and that my mom was calling for me, but why didn't they just wake me up? Why didn't they just go look in my bedroom? The whole thing was really weird and surreal. I don't think I was abducted by aliens or anything, but it was just a strange experience. Sitting there in the silence with my bowl of cereal was like witnessing time stop or something.

5. Still to this day can't explain this but it seems similar to some people's experiences. I was around 14 or 15ish and was asleep in my room. I woke up in the middle of the night, sat up, turned around and looked at my phone to see the time which was around 1 am. I turned back around and just sat there staring at my wall. I remember at the time I wasn't really thinking about anything I was just staring blankly at my bedroom wall. It was like my brain was asleep but my body was awake and aware. For what seemed about 2 minutes of me sitting up and staring at the wall my mom burst into my room. Her coming in so abruptly in the middle of the night startled me and broke whatever trance I seemed to be in. She said she had a funny feeling that she needed to come in and check on me to make sure I was okay. I told her everything was fine and that I had just woken up randomly. When she finally left I looked at my phone again and it was 4:37 am. 4 freaking 37 AM!! I had been sitting up staring at my wall for over 3 hours! Still to this day I don't know what it was or why I did that OR what woke my mom up out of a dead sleep to come check on me. Still gives me the spooks 6 years later.

6. Nine years ago I was camping in northern BC with a group of friends. It was around 10pm and we were in the middle of nowhere (roughly 50km from any town/store etc. so it was super dark out. We were sitting around our fire and just listening to tunes and drinking beers etc. At one point we see a light up on the mountain across the lake from us. This was a decent-sized lake, I'd say roughly 5 km across, surrounded by mountains. So as we notice the light, assuming that it's other campers that we could visit with, we flashed our flashlight at them attempting to get their attention. First we flashed our light twice, and they flashed back at us twice. Then three times. We were brainstorming going for a hike to go meet them when the light seemed to increase in intensity, then proceed to fly from one side of the massive mountain to a mountain on the other side of the lake. It then sat there and flashed at us a few times, but we turned off our light and at this point were shitting bricks. I remember just going into my tent and putting my sleeping bag over my head out of fear. I fell asleep and woke up and everything was fine, but for some reason there was roughly half a dozen dead really big toads outside my tent. What the FUCK. Still wonder to this day what the heck happened.

7. Since I was a child, I've had an irrational fear of one specific type of extra-terrestrial, the ones colloquially known as "grays". The hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I see them on TV or in magazines. If I’m at your house, and you have a book on your coffee table with a depiction of one (Communion by Whitley Strieber for example), I will politely ask if I can turn it cover down. I have no idea where this fear (more of a phobia) stems from. Since most phobias seem to originate from negative experiences, one possibility is that I have been abducted at some point in my life. Although I've never had the full "Abduction Experience", or even seen a UFO, I’ve had several weird experiences. Once, when I was about six or seven, I was on a trip to Washington with my mother on a train. The first night I remember looking out my window and all of a sudden, it wasn’t night anymore. It was full daylight, and I was staring at Mt. Shasta. My mom was acting weird too, and everyone on the train was jumpy, and the whole rest of the trip something felt off. The next one was when I was a teenager; I woke up in the middle of the night completely paralysed. At the same moment I heard what I can only describe as a choir-like sound fading into the distance, and a seemingly random thought came to me, "Thank god they're leaving, maybe they’ll stay gone this time."

8. I believe I have been abducted multiple times. Probably about once every two or three years since I was eight. I have been examined, but nothing invasive was ever done and the extra-terrestrials seemed genuinely curious about humans. More often it is just an interview via telepathy about how I am feeling and how things are going. The last abduction was about six months ago. I remember waking up, seeing figures through my bedroom window make their way into my home, never waking my girlfriend or dogs, and leading me out to their craft. One even seemed fascinated with one of my dogs, but I sort of thought how angry and hurt I would be if anything happened to that dog and he backed away.

9. I didn't get abducted, but I will share my story.... This was a few years ago maybe about 16 years or so. My girlfriend and I and a buddy of mine drove about 12 miles out of town. This "place" is in central California. Anyways, we drive out there and we are all having a good time drinking being loud, just the three of us. About an hour after we got there I had to take a leak (the place was surrounded by corn fields on both sides of the road) so just as I walked up to the start of the corn field I notice a big bright light that seemed to be about 4 miles out or so.. So I stopped what I was doing and backed up to get a better look at what this was. At this point we are all looking at this "thing" just sitting in the sky. After about a minute of this thing just sitting there it dimmed and two others appeared in the sky to form a triangle. It was very strange because they would move away from each other very quickly, and they would also become very dim, and then become so bright it would illuminate the ground by our feet. We watched this go on for about 3 minutes before the lights sped off to the right. That’s when we noticed what seemed to be headlights coming from about 1\4 mile down the road coming up the hill that we drove up. So we think this might be the cops so we tossed the beer into the field and hopped in the car. The headlights were now gone so we started the car and sped down the hill looking for the car, but could not find anything... There were no turn offs for miles along the straight away. It was so dark out here you could have seen tail lights for at least 2 miles. We searched for a car, but there was nothing... At this point we are all so freaked out that we just drove home, kind of confused about the whole thing. I’ll never forget this, FYI there is no military installation out here just fields. And this was way before drones were a common thing. Not only that but it was also about 3:00 in the morning.


Image

Source



1 comment :

What do you think?